The Institute for Empirical Social Studies (IFES) is a well established market research and social research institute with a high reputation in designing and conducting high quality empirical research. The institute can look back on more than 50 years of successful work and combines opinion, social and market research in a unique way. For quite some time, the IFES has been offering customers also market research in selected areas such as IT and telecommunication.
Alongside highly qualified experts as well as a profound knowledge of Austrian contexts and markets, consulting and scientific supervision ensure our customers an excellent service. Both individual and custom-made solutions support this commitment as a professional service provider.
The main focus of IFES lies in quantitative and qualitative survey research and in well-founded sociological analyses, particularly in the following areas:
- Market research for businesses (customer satisfaction, image analyses, CSI).
- Media research (print, radio, TV, online, cross-media etc.).
- Social research (gender-specific life worlds, families, youth, housing, schools and education, health, recrea-tion, culture, the environment and transport, migration and integration, quality of life, urban development, European issues, etc.).
- Research in the working environment (basic labour policy research, working environment and em-ployee satisfaction studies, work load studies, vocational education and training, professional mobility, Work Cli-mate Index, etc.).
- Health research (SHARE – Survey of Health, Ageing and Retirement in Europe, Austrian Occupational Health Monitor, etc.).
- Safety research (subjective sense of safety and security, acceptance of safety/security-related measures).
- Political research.
- Complex statistical analyses.
- methodological research
IFES interviews per year
- approx. 100,000 telephone interviews (CATI)
- approx. 35,000 face-to-face interviews (CAPI)
- approx. 50,000 self-administered questionnaires/online interviews
- approx. 40 focus groups
IFES is committed to implementing studies based on the highest ethical research standards. Our mission is to conduct study projects with the highest scientific precision possible and in keeping with all quality assurance standards in close cooperation with our clients. IFES is a member of ESOMAR (World Association of Opinion and Marketing Research Pro-fessionals) and therefore bound by its strict code of conduct (ESOMAR Guidelines).
The IFES headquarter is located in Vienna, Austria; The managers Dr. Reinhard Raml, Hermann Wasserbacher and Dr. Eva Zeglovits are supported by approx. 30 members of staff. Moreover, IFES has a professional telephone lab with more than 50 CATI (= Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing) work stations. Nearly 100 CATI interviewers are permanently employed. Moreover, we have more than 100 field interviewers, supervised by area managers, who conduct face to face surveys with CAPI.
IFES Institute for Empirical Social Studies GmbH
Tel: +43/1/546 70-0
Commercial register No.: 95321 d
Sales Tax ID No.: ATU16058502
Number according to the Austrian Data Protection Act: 0049492
Commercial court: Wien